Embroidery is my life.....

Or maybe it's knitting, yah, knitting it's my life! But now that I think about it, it might be sewing or scrapbooking... or maybe cooking! I feel like I have crafting schizophrenia!!!

The other day I tried to convince my husband that I was a renaissance woman! He laughed! Maybe I'm a jack of all trades, definitely I'm a master of none! I'm thinking it doesn't really matter what label I give myself, as a matter of fact I have just decided NOT to label myself!!! I'm just crafty that way!

You know the windshield wipers on my van refuse to go down and I make excuses for them. They tell the world, "I refuse to conform to what the world thinks a windshield wiper should be. I am an individual and as an individual I choose to march to the beat of my own drum!" Yeah, that's me! A non conformist!!!! A non stop crafter who doesn't care if it's not done exactly right... it's the process that counts!!

WOW, that was a rant! Now, on to the craft of the day!

BABY SHOES!!!!

Awwww! These shoes are everywhere on the internet and I really didn't deviate too far from the pattern, except that I made a little bit of bias tape to cover the raw edges inside. The embroidery patterns are free from Wild Olive and are supposed to have buttons in the middle, but I thought for a baby that wouldn't be a good idea.

They are for Payton's teacher and her twin sister. They teach Kindergarten and 1st grade at our school, got married the same year and are now having little boys 1 month apart! I love them! Payton's teacher's husband is also deployed with the Navy patrolling for pirates. That sounds weird in our day and age doesn't it! I was so excited to be able to bless them with something for the little blessings in their lives.

Hedgehog (Does it look like a hedgehog? Nate thinks it looks like a turtle!)
Teddy Bear
Made with 100% Linen and a little 100% cotton remnant I found at Joann's. I wanted them to be a neutral color so they would match pretty much anything. Well, off to do some more crafting :)

Love,
Jonelly

Comments

Popular Posts