It's the most wonderful time of the year......


It's the most overwhelming time of the year, the most exhausting time of the year, the most joyful time of the year. It's the time of the year when all of the little things that you overlook the rest of the year come into focus. It's the time when I drag out way to many recipes, with such good intentions, yet still only get the basic ones done. Although this year I am on a roll, I actually got coconut balls and peanut butter balls done.... did I say done, oh yeah baby, they are actually covered in chocolate and ready to give to all of my friends... did I mention that they probably won't make it out the door because that is way to far down my list to actually get done. I really think that the frantic candy making has been a resul tof not wanting to mail my Christmas cards. OOOHHH, why oh why do I dread it so much? I just don't know. They are all painted, they just need addresses and stamps, and oh yeah, maybe a note..... I think I'll just take a picture of them and send them to everyone via my space. Yeah, that's a great idea. Do you think that's cheating?


NOTE TO ANYONE READING THIS - I REFUSE TO SPELL OR GRAMMER CHECK THIS BLOG! THIS IS JUST ME.... DOING MY THING, ERRORS AND ALL.


Where was I, oh yeah, Christmas prep. Well, that's never ending isn't it. It's so sad that it will all be over in just one day. ALL THAT WORK, then, just over. Note to self - don't forget to take lots of pictures this year and lots of notes on what we ate and did. Hey speaking of eating, did I mention that I am so cheating this year Christmas day dinner is coming from Boston Market. All I have to do is warm it up. Bliss! Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be cooking my butt off (I wish it would actually disapear from all of the work) for the family party on the 21st. and of course I feel this huge NEED to give my kitchen aide stand mixer a real work out this year. On Christmas day though, I will be sitting around being lazy and letting my oven do all of the work. I am even going to buy paper plates and the 3rd book in the twilight series so that I can just sit on my butt and read and watch the kids play and then just throw everything away. I won't feel any guilt about wearing pajamas all day or causing even more global warming by using paper plates or about the fact that if my kid's want to eat nothing but candy all day long, they can. Nope not one bit of guilt here. Woohooo for Christmas! I love this day, I'm counting down the days till it gets here. I probably won't sleep at all on Christmas Eve.


I know I am rambling here, I seem to have ADD today. Lots is getting done and nothing is getting finished, but all I want to do is sit here and stare at the Christmas lights. So here is a short list of things that are making me happy today.


1) dipping things in chocolate... yum!

2) Squinting at the Christmas lights - it's as close as I'll get to a drug trip

3) sleeping children

4) the fact that Zoe wants to be a ballerina

5) my new camer and photo printer - thank you Nate for the early Christmas present!

6) My kitchen aide stand mixer - last year's early Christmas present.... that man just knows me, and he can't keep a secret long enough to make it to Christmas morning.

7) my friend Lisa - I just had so much fun creating Christmas presents with you. Thank you for trusting my creativity and letting me play, and no, I haven't started on mine yet.

8) hot chocolate with pepermint sticks!

9) getting excited about seeing everyone's faces on Christmas morning.... those kid's have got the shock of their lives coming this year! I can't wait.

10) listening to the kid's practice their songs for the Christmas play. It's gonna be fun!


and one thing that is making me sad today -

My baby boy suffering and not knowing how to help him. He is covered with red spots, has a fever, sore throat, no appetite, he's tired all the time, has swollen tonsils and the list just goes on. Plus, his foot is still not completely healed from the bike accident. He makes me sad and makes me feel incompitent as a parent. I just want him to be better. HELP US DR. MOORE


Oh well, that's all for today, happy December 17th!

Comments

Popular Posts