Super yummy cupcakes..... and a little peek at my grocery list!

One needs a really good reason to put up a blog post after several years right? Well I can't think of a better on than cupcakes! 

As I was typing this up though I did notice that I sat my cupcake on my grocery list and the only things visible are vanilla, bacon, cheddar, cream and butter. Ummmm... I might have just figured out why my pants are so tight, not that I'm gonna change that list!


So, last night I made these super delicious and ever so seasonal cupcakes for my love to take to work. These are my most requested cupcakes, with the exception of the triple lemon cupcakes that my friend Candy loves! They are soooooo good and really great with a cup of coffee for breakfast.

Did I say breakfast?

I meant dessert of course!

Or breakfast, but hey they have pumpkin in them, so they are good for you! They are not hard to make, but do have some not so common ingredients in the extract mix. I'm posting the recipe here for my friends that saw this picture on Facebook this morning and wanted it. So Deborah and Vanessa, this one's for you!

Pumpkin Cupcakes 
with Chai Buttercream Frosting

BEFORE YOU START YOUR CUPCAKE MIX START THE CHAI EXTRACT!!!

Chai Extract

Combine in a saucepan
Tea out of 4 chai tea bags
4 small cinnamon sticks, crushed a little
1” fresh ginger, peeled and cut up
10 cloves
8-10 allspice berries, crack them a little
4-5 cardamom pods, cracked a little
3 cups water
Boil while mixing a baking cupcakes until it has evaporated to about 1/3 cup. Strain and cool.

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Makes approx. 32  cupcakes
2 c. Sugar
2 t. Baking Powder
2 t. Cinnamon
¼ t. Cardamom
½  t. Salt
2 ½ c. Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
2 c. Pumpkin
3 Eggs
1 c. Oil
Combine all dry ingredients and sift well!! (Beware of baking soda lumps!) Add wet ingredients and mix well. Fill cupcake liners approx. 2/3 full and bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean, about 15 min. Cool on wire rack for about 10 min. then dump out of pan to continue to cool completely before icing.



Chai Buttercream Frosting

1 c. Butter, softened ( you can use all butter, but the texture is better and more stable with the crisco)
½  c. Crisco (I use butter flavored, but regular will do)
4 ½ c. Confectioners Sugar
¼ t. Cloves
¼ t. Ginger
¼ t. Cardamom
3 T. Chai Extract (more if the frosting is too stiff)

Cream butter and crisco together until fluffy, add in confectioners sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Add in additional spices and chai extract and mix thoroughly. Check for consistency and add more extract if needed. You’re done! Ice your cupcakes and try not to eat the icing out of the bowl!


Comments

Popular Posts